Wrapping up 2012
Christmas came and went in a flurry of travel, events and time with family. It was wonderful! You’ve probably noticed a bit of a blog hiatus over the holidays, with both of us enjoying a holiday break, the K-Couple is not back to regularly scheduled programming, which means more time with each other and those we love and less time blogging. But I can’t let this whole week pass without reflecting on the year we just lived.
I entered 2012 as a newlywed, apartment-dwelling Clevelander. As I prepare to party away 2012 in just a few days, I can’t help but look back at the year and go
Not only did this year go by quickly, it was anything but boring. However… Brad and I said we were looking forward to becoming boring for awhile after the major ups and downs of 2011.
That didn’t happen, but I’m okay with it. This year brought much more joy than pain for which I’m grateful. Here’s a whirlwind summary (in no particular order).
- We casually started house hunting one day in early 2012. We were en route to meet friends for dinner when a house for sale caught my eye and I said to Brad, “I wonder what that house looks like inside?” I searched it on my phone while waiting to be seated and we looked at the pictures and information. We never toured that house, but started looking at others and soon fell in love with ours. Placed an offer in April. Closed in June. Got keys in July. Moved in in August. (It’s a time consuming process.)
- We celebrated our first anniversary and ate some freezer-burnt cake.
- We adopted Holmes and Watson.
- My husband made a career move accepting a job in his dream field (technology) that also brought him much closer to home.
- We gained our first nephew, who carries my father’s name and his eyes.
- My mom came back to Ohio.
- Lots of baking, cooking and creating transpired.
- There was no school for us in 2012, but there was plenty of learning!
This past year has been a good one, with more blessings than I can list. We’re thankful for a wonderful 2012 and look forward to 2013.