Category Archives: Refashion
Happy August friends!
August kind of feels like a big month for me this year. I can’t seem to keep everything organized into neat posts today so you get bullets:
- Love and Marriage. My Matron of Honor duties are beginning to wrap up (still weird being a “matron”). I’m finalizing little things and preparing for a last hurrah for my friend as a “miss.” Of course my friend is getting married this month! I’ve been looking forward to this wedding for probably about 2 years. I’m also ashamed to admit that I’m looking forward to the last wedding on the books for this year to wrap up so that I have a bit of a break before the 2014 weddings start coming (The calendar already has 3 on it!)
- Home. Next week is one year since actually moving into our house. It feels like yesterday, but it also feels like forever ago.
- Blue. So far I like my G4 Dexcom.. I’m liking the blue but keeping an eye on Pump Peelz for a decal patter/color combo that I like. I feel like there used to be one I liked but now that I actually have the Dexcom nothing speaks to me so far.
- Low. Speaking of my Dexcom and that lovely 55 (don’t worry I’m eating as I type!) My newest low symptom is blurred vision… which is also a high symptom. Also… not being able to keep my fingers on the right keys.
- Sewing. My new dress form… yet to be named. Might be christened with a refashion for a work social event this weekend. That is contingent on finding time to sew this weekend.
What’s August hold for you?
I got this light-weight, black and green dress at a consignment shop when I was in high school. It hung unworn in my closet last summer so I decided to do something with it. The original plan was to take the whole top off of it and replace it… that was the plan up until I put it on to take a before picture.
I decided that it just needed a bit of a trim… so to speak. Read the rest of this entry
I got this short sleeve, blue ruffle dress new for a whopping $8 to wear for Easter. I wore it on Easter, neglected to get a picture and wasn’t thrilled. The sleeves were just okay and didn’t quite feel like they fit quite right. There wasn’t anything wrong with the dress, just a little eh in the sleeves and possibly overwhelming in the ruffles.
I probably can’t call this a refashion and should just say I altered this dress. I decided to make it sleeveless and wear it to the wedding of two college friends last Saturday. My first step was to remove the sleeves at the seam and see how the arm holes would work. Read the rest of this entry
I could call this refashion: the time my husband thought I was making lingerie.
Since graduating from college, I’ve gotten a bunch of my stuff that my parents had been storing for me. I really didn’t bother looking through it because it was stuff I’d lived without for four years. After we bought our house I started organizing, sorting and getting rid of things. I started with a scrap of hot pink lace. When I held up my finished project and showed Brad, he asked me if I had made lingerie.
I didn’t take a before picture (oops!) but honestly it was a reasonably sized rectangle of pink lace.
I folded it over so that the scalloped edge would be the bottom hem of my shirt (my goal was a shirt by the way). I cut a simple neckline, then pinned the lace to a t-shirt that fits me well.
Using the green shirt as a guide, I pinned the sides and arms then cut the lace, leaving extra room to fold the seams. I folded over and stitched them down. I angled the sleeves creating a little bit of a flutter.
I donned my lace top over a black camisole and threw on a belt. Read the rest of this entry