Friday Five: Spam Chronicles
Like most bloggers I get spam. I have occasionally had legitimate comments end up in my blog spam so I scan before deleting.
Recently my box has gotten a little more interesting, along with the offers to increase my Google page rank and cheap medication (but none for cheap insulin? Why not folks?) I’ve received:
- Offers for spy equipment. Like bugs I can put in pens or phones. Apparently my covert operations need some high-tech help.
- In the same day I got sequential comments on the same post: “Excellent article…” said the first. “You should bring more clarity to your writing to better explain the topic…” said the second.
- My favorite so far was this: Hi, I’m a scammer. Visit my website (link). I absolutely appreciate the honesty and the afternoon laugh.
- “Justin Bieber” commented on my blog….
- I’ve gotten more than 100 spam comments on this blog post. I have no idea why.
If you can’t get some enjoyment out of the crazy schemes on the internet, why bother?
This weekend we’re celebrating the marriage of another set of wonderful friends! What are you up to?