Friday Five: Human Behavior
There are things that people do/say that I just don’t get. For example:
1. Wearing contacts but being grossed out by someone else putting in or taking out their contacts.
2. Going to the back door the very first time visiting someone’s home. Guests use the front door, if you’re visiting my home and not delivering an appliance, you’re a guest. Also, the front door has a doorbell, the back door doesn’t. There is no line of sight for the back door in my home, so the only reason I know you’re at my house is because I saw your car in my driveway. I’m tempted to leave people out there and see what happens.
3. Saying, “I know” instead of asking. For example, instead of asking if you had a good trip they say, “I know you had a good trip” my question is how do you know I had a good trip? I feel like they are trying to address something without leaving the other person a chance to talk about their own experiences.
4. Leaving the toilet lid up everywhere but at their own homes. If you close it at your home, why not close it everywhere? (My cats have both gotten stuck in the bathtub in the past… an open toilet is a recipe for disaster.)
5. Driving like a moron the moment raindrops start… need I say more?
What human behaviors puzzle you?