I shared our Valentine’s Day menu with you last week before we even got a chance to taste what we were going to make.
Brad marinated our filet in an herbed balsamic vinegar before grilling it to perfection. Sorry no recipe for that!
The red potato bite recipe that I used was definitely a keeper! I replaced the garlic salt with just plain garlic and added only one twist on the salt grinder instead of a whole teaspoon. No one had bad breath though!
Despite what Brad said on the questionnaire, roasted asparagus might be his favorite thing that I make. It’s incredibly easy… so I’ll share the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and trim asparagus stalks.
- Toss stalks in olive oil, or spray with olive oil mist.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and lightly salt/pepper. (I sometimes add a little Rosemary or garlic depending on what I feel like. Others enjoy with a little Parmesean cheese).
- Roast in oven for 12-15 minutes.
Peanut Butter Hearts
I decided to be cheesy with dessert and make heart-shaped buckeyes. It became clear when I was mixing up the peanut butter center that forming and dipping hearts wasn’t going to happen. So I formed the peanut butter into hearts and poured melted chocolate over top. It turned out really well and I only had one that looked more like the radar picture of a tropical storm than a heart.
I’m always looking for good vegetable recipes. What’s your favorite?