Happy Valentine’s Day!
Happy Valentine’s Day dear readers!
I’m loving Valentine’s Day this year! It started off not so great but definitely improved. I have to say that I’m a completely spoiled little wife. Last year on our first married Valentine’s Day, Brad delivered roses to me at work. This year, I wasn’t expecting anything and in a strange repeat of last year, I was in my boss’ office when he shows up with roses again and Starbucks! He knows me so well.
I’m really excited about our dinner this evening, the menu is:
- Grilled filet
- Roasted asparagus
- Baby red potato bites with garlic sour cream
- Red wine
- Peanut butter hearts that I made last night
In the spirit of love, romance and marriage blogging, I’m linking up for Valentine’s Day and answering these questions (and so is Brad!):
- How long have you been married? His: nearly 2 years/Hers: A year and nine months
- Where was your first date? His: Rachel’s homecoming dance in 2006/Hers: We fixed up for my high school dance
- Where was your first kiss? His: Rachel’s parents’ place/Hers: At my parents’ house
- Who first said, “I love you”? His: me? I think? in my parents’ basement/Hers: He did… and gave me a necklace
- What were your wedding colors? His: blue and green/Hers: Light blue and light green
- What is her most commonly used phrase? His: I’m sorry/ Hers: I’m sorry. (It’s basically my refrain, you say “the sky is blue” and I say, “I’m sorry.”
- If she was ordering drinks for both of you what would you each get? His: alcohol? she would get something skinny or low carb like a martini, she would get me a beer/ Hers: Water first always, depending on the place, I’d order him a beer and possible myself a beer or skinny cocktail
- What is the best meal she has ever cooked you? His: they’re all good/ Hers: Ham and penne
- What is the worst meal she has ever cooked you? His: probably something during college… not really sure/Hers: Really burnt french toast
- What would she say is your most annoying habit? His: my constant joking/ Hers: Quoting movie lines. All. The. Time.
- What is the last thing she does before she goes to bed? His: checks Twitter /Hers: check my Dexcom
- What’s her go-to drink at Starbucks? His: Skinny Peppermint Mocha/ Hers: Skinny peppermint mocha
- What’s her blog’s name?! His: Probably Rachel – I gave her that idea ;-)/ Hers: Probably Rachel