Clean Out the Fridge: Mac and Cheese Cups
When we knew we’d be replacing the fridge Brad and I decided to forgo regular grocery shopping and reduce the amount of food needing shuffled.
We packed frozen leftovers for lunches each day and using up random ingredients. Last weekend we had our friends over for crockpot beef stroganoff and I was able to use up our green beans to accompany the meal (that’s a recipe for another day).
Leftover macaroni and cheese turned into a dinner of bacon, chive mac and cheese cups that used up the last egg and we ate it with salads (emptying out a bottle of dressing). That’s the one I want to share with you. When it comes to clean out the fridge food, and my cooking in general, there isn’t an exact science.
What I used up:
- About 2 cups of leftover macaroni and cheese
- About 1/4 cup of crumbled bacon
- 1 egg
Other ingredients I added:
- Shredded cheese
- Ground pepper
- 2 table spoons of dried chives
What I did:
1. Preheated the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Put everything in my mixing bowl and stirred it all up.
3. Sprayed the cups in my muffin pan with olive oil, then filled them with the macaroni mixture.
4. Baked for 20 minutes.
The cups tasted way better than just reheating the pasta, but they stuck like mad so I’ll work on that next time.
Do you have anything that you make with leftovers?