Week Two of Thanks
Normally thankful stuff is reserved for Thursdays… but I’m going to shake things up! For the rest of the month, Tuesdays are thankful days.
One thing for each day. What I’ve been thankful for in the past week:
- Humor. Jokes and general fun make life much more enjoyable. Being able to laugh with people I love is truly a gift.
- Grocery stores. Everything I need/want is waiting on a shelf for me to take home. It’s a convenience that is often taken for granted.
- Good conversations. Nice catch-up sessions with friends and family are always wonderful. Topics ranging from weddings to politics and wine to technology.
- Quiet weekends. Having a day at home without a massive to-do list is very relaxing. Weekends are supposed to provide us rest and we often choose to spend them running around or working. A break is nice.
- Excellent deals. Good prices that make things we love but don’t need acceptable to bring home are always nice.
- Seasons. Not everyone gets the variety that we do in Northeast Ohio. The vast range of temperatures from below zero to above 100 added to the various types of precipitation makes us very resilient and versatile people. Each season carries its own unique loveliness that I would miss living somewhere else.
- Insurance. After being afraid of a lapse in coverage between plans, we received our cards and didn’t have even a day without it. Not everyone appreciates insurance, anyone with a chronic health condition understands the importance of being covered.
What thing(s) are you thankful for this week?