Two of My Favorite Things
Fall + coffee
One Sunday morning we actually clicked the heat on in the house for the first time. It was a lovely, crisp fall (but not fall) morning that called for some good coffee.
I pinned a pumpkin spice latte recipe last year and finally had the stuff in the house to make them, so here’s the recipe (with my tweaks of course!)
I mostly followed the recipe found here, but here’s what I did:
- I used the canned pumpkin, but would highly recommend using the syrup to non-insulin challenged people. The tiny bits of pumpkin make the drink pretty thick and settle to the bottom.
- I used skim milk and Stevia
- As you can see I did not top them off with whipped cream
- In our regular-sized mugs there was enough for almost 3 lattes
Also involving coffee, at my husband’s request I made espresso chocolate chip cookies for having family over on Saturday.
Again, I mostly followed this recipe, but here’s what I did:
- Used Stevia instead of granulated sugar (I did use real brown sugar)
- We forgot to buy eggs on the last store trip so instead I used just over half a cup of skim milk
- I was generous with the coffee
- In the past I’ve used dark chocolate, but this time used the semi-sweet chocolate chips (the dark chocolate makes them very rich!)
Do you have any good fall recipes to recommend?