Friday Five: Things I Don’t Understand
There are just some things that I don’t “get.” For example:
1. Glass bottle trees. I don’t understand the whole idea around displaying bottles in your front yard. It looks a little bit like the recycling bin rebelled. So when I searched for a picture to share with you, I found out that people aren’t making these themselves (silly me!) they actually pay for them. The one pictured can be purchased for $30. Why?
2. Fake pockets. There’s nothing more annoying than to need a pocket and only have the fake out ones.
3. Dust jackets on books. I like book covers, whether illustrated or not. But dust jackets have always annoyed me and gotten in the way. They fold, flop, wrinkle and tear plus all of my books that have jackets look 100x cooler without them.
4. Designer condoms. This is potentially the only time I’ll blog about condoms. These have been around for awhile but it completely astounds me that anyone on earth would pay nearly $70 for one condom. If you have too much money to know what to do with, I recommend finding a charity.
5. Facebook ads. Whoever chose the pictures and wrote the copy for a lot of the ads I see on Facebook should probably find a new line of work. Between reading the ads that sound like they’re giving away babies and being called old, ugly and unexciting by a lingerie ad I’m concerned. I mark a lot of ads as offensive but I wish there were an option to mark them as “insane.”
What would you add?